There are 1000’s of people touting the so-called life-saving supplement CBD. CBD stands for cannabidiol, is naturally found in hemp plants and proven to promote wellness. I’ve been doing some research and decided to give it a go. I plan to try a few different brands on the market over time. I feel like I’m in a pretty good place as far as my health and wellness is concerned, but there is always room for improvement as far as I’m concerned.
Over the winter we lost a tree in our backyard and I spent the better part of a day chopping up a 60-foot Hemlock tree. Great physical exercise, but my back has not been 100% since.
I first cut the tree into 16-inch rolls and then moved/lifted them to the area around my outside fireplace. This heavy back work is what I think caused my latest round of inflammation. It’s a mix of a dull ache and numbing sensation in the mid-back. It’s not present all the time, but it does affect my day. Sitting in my office chair for prolonged periods is when I feel it the most.
One of the benefits of using CBD includes pain relief. Hence why I want to try this natural method.
My Ailment History
Back – This has been a constant issue for many years. Usually, I experience pain from the upper back to the middle. I don’t suffer from lower back pain.
Knees – Ever since I broke my leg in 4 places back when I was 16, my knees have never felt great. They usually hurt when walking down stairs or after some heavy running.
Wrist/Arm – Mix of Tennis elbow and an injury that occurred when playing golf.
Green Roads CBD
After researching several different brands available on the internet I decided to go with Green Roads. I purchased my first bottle on March 15, 2019, and received it 5 days later on the 20th.
I went with the 350 MG bottle. I didn’t want to go too small if it did work and need to reorder immediately. Of course, you have to consider pricing when purchasing CBD oils. CBD oils are not inexpensive.
Hopefully, with supply and demand, we should see the market level out and the prices drop over time.
Coincidentally I happened to go to my chiropractor the same day my CBD came. I had my adjustment and things were feeling okay. I was actually sore in the lower back from the manipulation.
- Day One – First dose was .50ML, which is equivalent to 11.7MG of CBD. I wanted to start out with a smaller dose before working up to the full dosage in case I experienced any side effects. I did a second dose about an hour after dinner. I wouldn’t say my pains were gone in a few hours but something was definitely happening. My body felt pretty good and I slept well the first night.
- Day Two – My back was definitely sore from the adjustment I had yesterday. I was at my desk feeling some discomfort. I can’t figure out if it is the overpriced chair I’m using or my back is flaring up. Around 3:00 pm I took my first dose of CBD for the day. I felt a little more relaxed about 30 minutes later but the pain still existed. That night after dinner I took a bigger dose. I was able to chill on the couch without discomfort. I fell asleep relatively quickly and had a nice sleep. This is one thing I’m seeing with CBD. It helps me sleep better.
- Day Three – I followed pretty much the same routine from the day before. I felt relaxed throughout the day -more at ease. I’m sleeping through the night with only one or two wake ups. This is an improvement for me and is something I’ve been fighting for some time.
Fast Forward a Few Weeks
Although I haven’t been taking the CBD every day, I have stayed pretty consistent. The Green Roads CBD does have some sugar in it and I don’t really want to ingest sugar before bed.
I decided to only take one dose around 8:00 pm and see if I received the same benefits for my sleep and other ailments.
Some CBD Conclusions
I feel like after taking the CBD for some time I have seen positive results. Though a couple of things could be a placebo effect.
- My tennis elbow pain subsided almost to the point where I only noticed it when working out. I applied some CBD lotion to the area a couple of times as well which provided some relief.
- My mid-back area pain subsided as well. It took a week to 10 days but I completely didn’t notice agitation in the back. I still have some discomfort like I always do but overall it’s a lot better.
- The sleep when I take the CBD is great. I am sleeping deeper and with fewer wakeups than in the past.
Some of the Minor Negatives
- The Green Roads bottle protected cap would get stuck. It happened enough that I would mention it here.
- When I traveled the bottle wasn’t upright and leaked a little. This made the bottle feel oily.
- The dispenser didn’t work all that well. It would only partially fill or not fill at all sometimes. You had to focus a bit to get the right amount. Not a huge inconvenience but I wanted to put that out there. Maybe they will fix this over time.
I will most likely continue to use CBD. I’m going to try a different brand next and see how their CBD compares to the Green Roads. Hopefully, I get the same results or even improved results. As soon as I have some more information on the next purchase I will do my best to share it with you.
Should you want to try the Green Roads CBD you can use the link below.